Let’s talk co-sleepers
There is a lot of discussion about co-sleeping as it has gained popularity over the last few years. A lot of the evidence indicates that co-sleeping can contribute to the brain development of your baby and the bond between baby and mother and/or father. Sleeping together with your child has many more advantages, which is what we will explore in this blog.
Families often use a co-sleeper for a relatively short time. Babies grow and outgrow the co-sleeper very quickly making it redundant. Did you know that you can rent a co-sleeper for a few months? Read on to find out how to do that.
What is a co-sleeper?
A co-sleeper is a crib with an open side that you can use as a separate crib, but also attach against your own bed. There is an upright side between the parental bed and the co-sleeper, which you can lower so that you can easily reach your baby. That way, your baby sleeps close to you in a safe and comfortable manner. Many co- sleepers allow you to adjust the height of the co-sleeper to make sure it matches your own bed.
The advantages of a co-sleeper:
- It promotes bonding between the parent and baby.
- Bonding contributes to the emotional, social and cognitive strengthening of a baby’s brain.
- The baby falls asleep more quickly in the presence of his parent(s).
- In return the parent(s) fall(s) asleep more quickly as well
- The parents can have a longer night rest because the baby will cry less.
- The baby can recognize the parent’s scent and warmth which makes them feel safe.
- It helps newborn babies regulate breathing and heart rate.
- The mother doesn’t have to get out of bed to breastfeed or change the baby.
Up to what age?
According to Psychology Today, you can allow a baby to sleep for at least six months in the room wherever you are: may it be the living room, the day care room, bedroom. This way you can guarantee regular and direct supervision during the day and night. However, this is a strictly personal choice and is based on your personal and families’ needs. A co-sleeper is suitable from birth until your baby is able to sit or rollover unaided or pull or push themselves up on their hands and knees.
Families often use a co-sleeper for a relatively short time. Babies grow and outgrow the co-sleeper very quickly making it redundant. Did you know that you can rent a co-sleeper for a few months? Read below about the co-sleeper option that Anew offers.
Maxi-Cosi Iora Co-sleeper
The Maxi-Cosi Iora Co-Sleeper gives you some peace of mind after a long day. Rest assured that your baby is sleeping in luxury only an arm’s reach away. The Maxi-Cosi Iora is a sophisticated co-sleeper that is easily adjusted and has the most comfortable mattress your baby could ever dream of.
The co-sleeper is suitable from birth to 9 kg or until your baby is able to sit unaided or pull or push themselves up on their hands and knees.
- A comfortable soft mattress.
- Adjustable to 5 heights to fit any bed’s mattress.
- Can be attached in a semi-inclined position to aid digestion, help your baby breathe better and prevent burping after feeding.
- A mesh window that enables you to see your baby and have direct access.
- A generous storage basket with ample space.
- Easy to fold, carry and take along in its own travel bag.
The best co-sleeper at a fixed weekly or monthly rate, delivered to you safely and hygienically, in support of your child and a more sustainable world.
Renting saves storage, time and money.
For more information you can always call or app us on 083 723 9598.